JPBM always ready to help Adib’s family, says DG


KUANTAN: The Fire and Rescue Service (JBPM) is always ready to help the family of the late firefighter Muhammad Adib Mohd Kassim (Photo), says JBPM Managing Director Datuk Seri Mohammad Hamdan Wahid.

He added that the department is still praying for the well-being of the family and described the decision to withdraw an appeal regarding the incarceration proceedings against former Attorney General Tan Sri Tommy Thomas as the family law of the TO DO.

“We are still praying that the family of the late Muhammad Adib will be given the strength and patience to carry on with their lives. If they need help with logistics and other forms of well-being, we will provide it.

“JBPM is always looking after the well-being of the retirees and the families of the personnel who served with us,” he told Bernama when he met after the close of the JBPM General Manager’s Cup Sepak Takraw tournament. Thursday, June 16.

MM. Mohd Zubir Embong & Associates, the law firm representing the family of Muhammad Adib, said in a statement that they filed notice in court on May 31, after the family decided to end the appeal because they don’t want to prolong the deal.

According to the press release, the firm filed the notice of withdrawal of appeal following which the Office of the Attorney General (AGC) withdrew the application for leave to appeal to the Federal Court.

The family considers the contempt of court process and proceedings against Thomas and the MCO to have been resolved and hopes the community will allow the family to start a new life.

On November 29, 2021, the family of Muhammad Adib received RM1.5 million in compensation from the government for the tragedy that befell the firefighter, who was a member of the station’s emergency medical rescue services unit. Fire and Rescue Subang Jaya.

He was seriously injured during a commotion at Sri Maha Mariamman Temple at USJ 25, Subang Jaya on November 27, 2018 and died on December 17 after 21 days at the National Heart Institute.

On September 27, 2019, the coroner’s court ruled that Muhammad Adib had died after being assaulted by two or three unidentified people during the riot. – Bernama


About Author

Comments are closed.